“Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” is a hit romantic-comedy Korean drama and an outstanding remake of the 2004 film, “Mr. Hong”, starring Kim Seonho and Shin Mina.
Since its premiere on August 28, 2021, the show consistently holds the highest nationwide viewership ratings in its time slot across all channels, with Episode 14 achieving the highest record so far of 11.6%, according to Nielsen Korea.
It is also currently on the Top 10 TV shows on Netflix in several countries such as the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and a lot more. As of writing, 97% Google users liked this show with a rate of 9/10 through the IMDB.
Interestingly, various YouTubers and TikTokers react to the blossoming romance and heart-fluttering moments of the main duo, Kim Seonho and Shin Min-a.
Here are some of the adorable video reactions:
1. “TheJennie86” can’t contain her happiness when Chief Hong and Hye-jin are finally dating.
2. A group of boys react crazily to the first kiss of Kim Seonho and Shin Min-a.
3. “Ralliee” screams when the main duo confessed and kissed.
4. “The KDrama Cafe” loves Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha so much and finds the pairing of Kim Seonho and Shin Mina endearing.
5. A married couple, “The Arias Bunch”, shares screams together and it’s adorable.
6. “Tsuki Iwamoto” adores the Dimple Couple and falls for them even on the first episode.
7. A married couple who is “Team Good Boy” all the way expresses happiness for Kim Seonho’s blossoming romance with Shin Min-a in Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.
8. Interestingly, “Nick and Joe” are updated with the characters of Chief Hong and Hye-jin.
9. “ItsRoza” can’t stop smiling while watching the heart fluttering moments between Kim Seonho and Shin Min-a.
10. Two friends have a good laugh while watching Chief Hong and Hye-jin squabble.
“Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” centers around two opposite lives, Doc Hye-jin, a perfectionist dentist from the city of Seoul and Chief Hong Dusik, a free-spirited jack-of-all-trades from the seaside village of Gongjin. The story progresses as they cross paths and get to know each other through inconveniences and adorable bickering.
The drama is currently streaming on Netflix.
PHOTO COVER: TVN Drama / Hanible Photography